Todays Tuesday blog post is full of questions for readers, yoga students, yoga teachers, and website/internet/business pros.
I recently came across a website service that allows teachers (yoga teachers, dance teachers, fitness instructors, etc.) to teach from their studios ‘online’. This is a concept that fascinates me and yet also terrifies me. Teaching private lessons via webcam is something I have considered for awhile now, but this service seems to open that up into a whole new realm of possibilities and opportunities.
It is an affordable package, probably worth the investment even if it’s for the learning curve. However my question to you is: Would you be willing to pay for an online yoga course? If yes, why does it appeal to you? And if no, why not?
I still feel new to this online world of business. Wordpress blogging, Facebook and email have all become a major source of my communication with yoga students and like-minded folks. I enjoy the connections I have made, and am grateful for the new and old students who have come to my classes as a result of this online work.
This is what excites me about trying an online yoga course:
- It opens up the opportunity for people who are far away to try my gentle yoga classes
- It opens up the opportunity for me to connect with more yoga students
- I could offer my personal Yoga Teacher Training to anyone around the globe with internet access
- I will be able to expand my business in all directions through classes, workshops, e-books and meditations.
These are the questions I am hoping some of you may be able to answer for me!
- How does insurance work if I’m teaching people online?
- What are reasonable prices if someone is paying for a webcam session, which does not include the perks of being in a real class directly with a teacher?
- Do any of you have any stories of online-business ventures that succeeded or failed?
- Any advice or hidden catches I may be missing because I’m blinded by the excitement of expanding my business?
I would really, really, really appreciate any feedback, advice or other questions in the comments below. This is new territory for me, and I would like to gather information from people who have some wisdom to share!